What you can do to help
- For coughs, colds and sore throats ask your community pharmacist for advice about medicines you can buy over the counter. Don’t ask for antibiotics.
- If you are prescribed antibiotics, take them exactly as your healthcare professional tells you (the amount and when to take will be on the label), never share them with others and never save them for later. Take any unused medicines to your community pharmacy for safe disposal.
- Sign up to be an Antibiotic Guardian and choose a pledge.
- Spread the word – tell family and friends about antibiotic resistance. Sign up to be a junior or family Antibiotic Guardian and earn badges.
- Tweet and share #AntibioticGuardian
- Parents – have a look at When should I worry? It provides information about the management of coughs, colds, sore throats and ear aches in children.
- Children can look at e-Bug: a place to play games and learn about microbes.
- If you’re a pet owner, have a look at The Bella Moss Foundation to learn about hygiene and prudent antibiotic use in pets.
- Films/cartoons Antibiotic Apocalypse – dance about antibiotic resistance
Global Respiratory Infection Partnership (GRIP) Bob cartoon
Bob junior cartoon Bob junior cartoon
- Further details about antibiobics can be found here.